Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty loaf when served with butter.
Make and share this Date and Apricot Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Add dates to hot coffee and allow to soften and cool.
- Add vanilla and butter to the date mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with sugar and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre, add coffee mixture.
- Mix through, add eggs and stir until just combined.
- Add dried apricots and walnuts, stir through but do not overmix.
- Bake in a loaf pan at 180 degrees (350) for one hour; if top browns too quickly cover with foil. Test with a skewer.
I used the 3/4 cup of sugar and think next time I would add a whole cup. I would have liked it just a little sweeter. It came out very nice and I would definitely make it again.
This baked up into a beautiful, well rounded loaf that was done in about 50 minutes. The bread is full of flavor and very moist. The combination of dates and dried apricots is wonderful. I did use the 3/4 cup brown sugar, Baking Spice Blend Mix in place of the cinnamon and pecans in place of walnuts. Thanks much for posting this delicious recipe.
Lovely moist cake ! i especially loved the wafting coffee smell coming from the oven - so thanks for posting.