1/2 Photos of Date and Apple Squares
Elly in Canada's Note:
This was an adopted recipe from Recipe*zaar I made these delicious squares last night, they are really moist and tasty! I did change the recipe and I am happy with the results. I used butter, my two apples measured 1 1/2 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Blend butter and sugar, then beat in egg and vanilla until mixture is light and fluffy
- 3Stir in apples, dates and nuts. Set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 5Gradually stir flour mixture into the fruit mixture. The batter will be very stiff, but it will mix together nicely, keep stirring!
- 6Spread into a greased 9"x9" pan and bake until golden brown. 30 - 45 minutes (I used and 8" pan and it required 45 minutes to bake.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date and Apple Squares
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 146.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g