Recipe by Elly in Canada
This was an adopted recipe from Recipe*zaar I made these delicious squares last night, they are really moist and tasty! I did change the recipe and I am happy with the results. I used butter, my two apples measured 1 1/2 cups.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend butter and sugar, then beat in egg and vanilla until mixture is light and fluffy
- Stir in apples, dates and nuts. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into the fruit mixture. The batter will be very stiff, but it will mix together nicely, keep stirring!
- Spread into a greased 9"x9" pan and bake until golden brown. 30 - 45 minutes (I used and 8" pan and it required 45 minutes to bake.