Shire Born's Note:
This is a chunky, death-by-chocolate, incredibly rich ice cream lover's dream. As incredible as it is as written, next time I think I might try some rum flavoring to take it to the next level. With or without, however, this ice cream is truly one of the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the raisins in 1 cup water overnight in the refrigerator.
- 2The next day, drain the raisins well and combine them with the pecans, almonds and chocolate chips in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3Melt the unsweetened chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Gradually whisk in the cocoa and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. (If the chocolate clumps or "seizes", don't worry - the milk will dissolve it). Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, and heat until blended. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 4Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and vanilla, and whisk to blend. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 to 3 hours, depending on your refrigerator.
- 5Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's directions. After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the raisin mixture, then continue freezing until done. Bask in the decadence!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dastardly Mash Ice Cream (Ben and Jerry's)
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.5
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 75.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 49.4 g
- Protein 11.3 g