Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Dashi recipe from Food.com.
- 1 piece kombu seaweed (one 4-inch piece)
- 1⁄2 cup dried bonito flakes
- Combine 1 quart water and the kombu in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Heat just to a boil; remove and discard the kombu.
- Remove the pot from the heat; stir in the bonito flakes and let stand 3 minutes.
- Strain the dashi, pressing the rehydrated bonito flakes against the strainer with the back of a spoon.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for several hours before use.