1/1 Photo of Dasha's Meatballs
These are my very own creation. They are so good that I had to share recipe. All measurements are approximate since I don't measure when I toss them in. You can have the meatballs with or without the tomato sauce. They are great just on there own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 (26 ounce) container plain pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine the meat, carrots, scallions, all the spices, and eggs.
- 2Use your hands to throughly mix all the ingredients together.
- 3Roll out large 1 inch meatballs with your hands.
- 4Place meatballs in a large, deep frying pan, cover with lid and fry for about 10-15 minutes. (Drain the extra fat if using not very lean ground beef).
- 5Shake the pan to roll the balls around during the cooking to make sure all sides get cooked evenly.
- 6Note: It may take you two or three batches to get them all done).
- 7For Just meatballs: Cook them all the way through, slice one to make sure it is cooked inside.
- 8Serve with rice.
- 9For the meatballs with tomato sauce: Place the meatballs in a covered dish once they are almost cooked all the way through.
- 10Boil the water in the frying pan and add the meatballs.
- 11Boil for 10 minutes and add the tomato sauce.
- 12Boil for a few more minutes.
- 13Serve over spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dasha's Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.9 mg
- Sodium 1564.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 50.8 g