Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are my very own creation. They are so good that I had to share recipe. All measurements are approximate since I don't measure when I toss them in. You can have the meatballs with or without the tomato sauce. They are great just on there own.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 finely shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 (26 ounce) containerplain pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- In a large mixing bowl combine the meat, carrots, scallions, all the spices, and eggs.
- Use your hands to throughly mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll out large 1 inch meatballs with your hands.
- Place meatballs in a large, deep frying pan, cover with lid and fry for about 10-15 minutes. (Drain the extra fat if using not very lean ground beef).
- Shake the pan to roll the balls around during the cooking to make sure all sides get cooked evenly.
- Note: It may take you two or three batches to get them all done).
- For Just meatballs: Cook them all the way through, slice one to make sure it is cooked inside.
- Serve with rice.
- For the meatballs with tomato sauce: Place the meatballs in a covered dish once they are almost cooked all the way through.
- Boil the water in the frying pan and add the meatballs.
- Boil for 10 minutes and add the tomato sauce.
- Boil for a few more minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti.