Recipe by darthlaurie
I made this recipe up when I was craving a bacon and blue cheese burger. It's decadent! This recipe makes two very large salads-- perfect for a somewhat healthier dinner for two. You can keep things light using fat free or low fat mayo and sour cream, but go ahead and use a good blue cheese.
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- lemon juice, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 -8 ounces steak, cut in large bite size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- roasted garlic seasoning (optional)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) bag lettuce (a romaine blend works well)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup crouton
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients. Taste to make sure the flavors are balanced. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. If there's not enough grease, add the olive oil. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat up the remaining olive oil and add steak to the same pan (I've used round and flank steak). Season with roasted garlic seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook almost to desired doneness. Add Worcestershire sauce and toss to coat all the meat.
- To assemble the salad:.
- Divide the bag of lettuce between two plates.
- Top with steak, bacon, croutons, blue cheese crumbles, and tomato.
- Drizzle on dressing.