Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A korean style dessert which is exquisite. I love it. Times are approximate.
- 120 g flattened egg noodles or 120 g wonton skins, cut into strips
- oil (for frying)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 50 g caster sugar
- 8 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons orange squash (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lightly roasted sesame seeds or 2 teaspoons slivered almonds (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the noodles/ wanton strips till crisp.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan make a single thread syrup of the castor sugar with 60 ml.
- Add the orange squash and honey and toss the fried noodles/ wanton crips in it to coat.
- Serve hot in 4 bowls and sprinkle 1/4 tsp sesame seeds/ slivered almonds in each bowl, and pour the 1/4 tblsp kahlua on top.