Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Everyone I've given this recipe to just loves it. Try topping your hotdog and chili with a couple tablespoons of a good coleslaw. It's wonderful!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄4 ounces McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, chopping into small pieces.
- While the beef is browning, run the 2 cans of diced tomatoes, juice and all, through processer (you can use canned crushed tomatoes, but do not use the "concentrated" crushed tomatoes).
- When meat is browned, add the crushed tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, cayenne and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer lightly, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- This makes enough for about 36 hot dogs, more or less, depending on how heavily you load your sandwich. You can freeze half for a later use.
had to give this 5 stars because that's all I was allowed!
Simple to make and outstanding to taste!