Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love strawberries, try this treat.
Make and share this Darrell's Strawberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 3 cups strawberries, diced
- In separate large bowl, mix first five ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In large measuring cup beat eggs, add oil and beat again.
- Measure in milk and flavoring.
- When ready to mix wet into dry, mix fruit into dry ingredients first, then add milk/egg and oil mixture until everything is wet.
- Place batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake 350F 15-20 minutes until done.
Great muffins! This is one muffin I thought was best cold (as in right out the refrigerator), because they reminded me a bit of strawberry shortcake. Loved the hint of almond flavor (I used almond extract, as that is all I had and what I assumed was meant by almond "flavoring"). I made 12 regular muffins and 15 mini muffins. (I baked them at 325F convection and, if memory serves, baked the regular muffins about 22 minutes and the mini muffins around 12.) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I must have done something seriously wrong because they were absolutely awful. I have double and triple checked the recipe to see if anything I did was contrary and it doesn't seem to be but these came out like rocks. I shouldn't have even put them into the oven because I could see they were heavy and dry while I was mixing. After they were cooked, they were not only incredibly heavy but they had little flavor.
These were made as a treat for my dh. He enjoyed them very much. I only made half of the recipe, but made exactly as written and ended up with 6 jumbo muffins. The muffins had a nice flavor and great crumb. I cooked these for 30 minutes because they were so large. Thank you for sharing your recipe Bluenoser.