Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was presented on a local news show awhile back and I just got around to making it and I wish I had tried it earlier. My nephew ate his 3 year old weight in it. According to Darrell, you can serve as a dessert with a meal or as a snack. You can use any combination of canned drained fruits to make the salad. Choosed canned fruits packed in juice or light syrup for fewer calories and less added sugar. Stir in chopped apple or pear to add crunch! THIS IS A VERY VERSATILE RECIPE!!!
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tropical fruit salad, drained (or fruit cocktail)
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nuts, chopped (I use pecans)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (optional) or 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- Combine drained fruit in bowl with lid.
- Stir in yogurt, chopped nuts and nutmeg or cinnamon (if desired).
- Chill and serve.
- Saves in refrigerator for no more than 5 days.
Recipe was good and refreshing. Yogurt gave it a good flavor.