1/1 Photo of Darned Near Sugar Free No-Bake Pies
Okay, the no-bake is misleading, as you do have to bake the pie crust, but this is so trouble-free, and tastes so darned good. It's decadence for a diabetic, and a special treat for those special events. This is being posted for the 4th of July [hopefully], but you can substitute any fruit topping you wish for this recipe. I've used fresh diced cherries, orange slices [blended in 1 box sugar free orange gelatin into the top mixture for this], lemon [same as oranges], pears [used lime with this], etc. Use your imagination and let the fruit complement the day. If you aren't concerned with sugar/carbs, try Comstock brand pie fillings on top!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whipped topping (Cool Whip has 1 g sugar per 2 TBSP! Lite has 2 g sugar, as does Fat-Free!)
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup artificial sweetener (we use Altern granules)
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh is best but frozen is fine
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh is best but frozen is fine
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, pecan pieces are my favorite but almost any nut will do well
- 2 pie crusts, may be substituted for 1 deep dish
- 1Prebake your pie shells according to directions.
- 2In a blender [or with a mixer] combine all ingredients but the shells and fruit until blended smooth and all lumps are removed. Halve mixture into two small bowls.
- 3Fold nuts into first half, stir until mixed, and divide this half again between pie shells [or for deep dish, deposit into bottom of baked shell until 1/2 filled].
- 4Gently layer other half without nuts over nut mixture. Top with fruit, chill, and serve. It's good to let pies chill overnight, or during the day for 4 hours or so.
- 58 servings per normal pie shell [=16] or 12 servings per deep dish. Baking time is for the pie shells.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Darned Near Sugar Free No-Bake Pies
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: