Recipe by Pagan
Okay, the no-bake is misleading, as you do have to bake the pie crust, but this is so trouble-free, and tastes so darned good. It's decadence for a diabetic, and a special treat for those special events. This is being posted for the 4th of July [hopefully], but you can substitute any fruit topping you wish for this recipe. I've used fresh diced cherries, orange slices [blended in 1 box sugar free orange gelatin into the top mixture for this], lemon [same as oranges], pears [used lime with this], etc. Use your imagination and let the fruit complement the day. If you aren't concerned with sugar/carbs, try Comstock brand pie fillings on top!
- 8 ounces whipped topping (Cool Whip has 1 g sugar per 2 TBSP! Lite has 2 g sugar, as does Fat-Free!)
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener (we use Altern granules)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries, fresh is best but frozen is fine
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, fresh is best but frozen is fine
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped, pecan pieces are my favorite but almost any nut will do well
- 2 pie crusts, may be substituted for 1 deep dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Prebake your pie shells according to directions.
- In a blender [or with a mixer] combine all ingredients but the shells and fruit until blended smooth and all lumps are removed. Halve mixture into two small bowls.
- Fold nuts into first half, stir until mixed, and divide this half again between pie shells [or for deep dish, deposit into bottom of baked shell until 1/2 filled].
- Gently layer other half without nuts over nut mixture. Top with fruit, chill, and serve. It's good to let pies chill overnight, or during the day for 4 hours or so.
- 8 servings per normal pie shell [=16] or 12 servings per deep dish. Baking time is for the pie shells.