Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.recipe4living.com website. Submitted by barcogifts - "I love making my mashed potatoes for company. They always tell me they are the best mashed potatoes they have ever had! I know, these are not healthy but they are worth the splurge! I hope you enjoy them too!"
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These potatoes are so good!! I loved the added seasonings to the water rather than the potatoes; it seemed to give it more flavor and DS didn't complain that the pepper was too 'spicy'. Added a little butter to the top. Will definitely be making these my go to mashed taters! Made for Cookbook Tag.
- 5 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, (15-20 minutes). Drain well.
- Place the drained potatoes in a large bowl, add butter and whip the potatoes with an electric mixer until there are no lumps. Pour in the cream and continue whipping until the potatoes are fluffy.