1 hr 30 mins
Chef likestocook's Note:
This is from the cake doctor. There was another one posted that had changed it, but the first time I made this I couldn't think of any changes I would make. I got this recipe from Shelly who I taught kindergarten with and all of the chocolate lovers in our group were smiling when she brought this to our gatherings. I have baked this in the bundt pan and some of the icing goes into the hole giving each piece a little bit of fudge. I used my Lady Ann pan and put all of the icing in the indention making it decadent and impressive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces devil's food cake mix or 18 1/4 ounces fudge cake mix
- 4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly mist a 12 Bundt pan with PAM and dust with flour.
- 3Place cake mix, pudding, sour cream, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Blend with electric beaters on low speed for 1 minute.
- 5Stop and scrape down bowl.
- 6Increase speed to medium and beat 2-3 minutes more.
- 7Fold in chips.
- 8Turn batter into prepared pan and bake 58-62 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. It will also begin to pull away from the pan.
- 9Place on wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.
- 10I always kind of shake the pan to make sure that it is loosened before inverting onto a rack to cool for 20 more minutes.
- 11Meanwhile make icing.
- 12Place sugar, butter and milk in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 13Stir until it comes to a boil- about 3-4 minutes.
- 14Still stirring let mixture boil for 1 minute.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Stir in chips and stir until smooth.
- 17Pour and drizzle over bundt cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Darn Good Chocolate Cake With Martha's Icing
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 432.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g