Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
"CHUCKWAGON COOKIE’S BULGOGI" Taken from www.discusscooking.com
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef, sliced very thinly
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, Minced
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Mix all of the above, then add the beef, which has been sliced thinly.
- Across the grain.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir fry or grill the flesh of the pasture grazer until done.
Darned good marinade... for chicken! Marinated 7 thighs for 2 hours then grilled over indirect heat. Boiled leftover marinade until thickened with an additional 2T honey. This was delicious! Will be keeping this one handy for summer entertaining! Thank you friedym... for a great versatile recipe!
DH said was "very close" to what he had in korea but needs MORE GARLIC...i made it gogi bokum (stir-fry)...so next time i'll add alot of garlic...served with Hot Kimchi Pickle - Quick ....and rice EDIT: i didn't have sake...used rice vinegar instead
Ive been msking this for 3 years (my fiance is korean) he tought me this one. Love It and you will too.