Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
I recieved a book on lentils from my folks because my dad has a farm which he grows lentils on... there is already a recipe for lentil granola bars on the site but mine has been modified and well loved... and you can change any of the ingredients... I sub things all the time...If I have a bit extra pureed lentils I will throw them in too... and sometimes I sub honey for the sugar.
- 2 cups pureed lentils
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or 3⁄4 cup dried fruit
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts or 3⁄4 cup other nuts or 3⁄4 cup seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Lentil Puree- puree cooked green lentils with enough water in blender to make the consistency of apple sauce. freeze extra for future recipes.
- Preheat that oven to 350.
- Mix lentil puree and all bran in one bowl, let sit for a couple of minutes- then add the eggs, Peanut butter and vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl combine: rolled oats, nuts and fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar.
- Add lentil mixture. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.Press into 10X15 inch cookie sheet which has been lightly greased.
- Place oven rack in center of oven; bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut while still warm into 2 inch squares.
- Variation- can do with peanut butter or with honey if subbing honey for brown sugar- mix some in during mixing bowl stage, but also swirl some into already pressed in pan stuff- so when you eat it you may get a really nice surprise!