Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
My DH's favourite cookie that his mom makes!
- 1 cup shortening (substitute, hard margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Beat shortening until fluffy.
- Add sugars and beat until blended well then add egg, vanilla, molasses beat well.
- Add to flour all dry ingredients set aside.
- By inches add to shorting mixture and beat well.
- Teaspoon size roll in palm of hand into a ball about 2 inches apart on un - greased baking sheet you may flatten with fork that has been moisten with water.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Until brown around edges and slightly brown on top.
- Let cool then transfer to cooling rack.
- Put in air tight container to keep.
- Please make sure that you use the middle rack in your oven or otherwise use top placement for rack will burn if not watched carefully.