Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is the best lasagna recipe in the WORLD (because it is a lazy man's recipe for an otherwise hard to make dish). I came up with this when my girls were young. They and DH both loved it, so am still making it this way!
Top Review by MTpockets
I'm sorry, I really hate giving a less than favorable review but we thought this was just ok. I think cooking an entire 16oz box of noodles is too many noodles. I didn't use them all. And I think I'd omit the Ricotta cheese entirely. I hadn't had it in a long time and thought I didn't care for it but added it anyway because I wanted to follow the recipe, but I just don't care for the texture it adds. I also thought there was too much meat for the amount of sauce this calls for. It was like it was all meat and the cheese mixture and hardly any red sauce. We just weren't crazy about this but Thank You for sharing.
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- hot water, to cook noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (casing removed, or bulk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (your favorite brand)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 3 -4 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on box.
- In a Dutch oven, brown and scramble the ground beef and Italian sausage.
- Salt and pepper the meat after draining.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and cook till hot.
- Set meat mixture aside.
- Stir the beaten eggs and ricotta and cottage cheeses together.
- In at least a 9x13 or (larger pan) make a layer of noodles first.
- Then layer 1/2 of the meat sauce.
- Then 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Then repeat the noodles, meat sauce, and cottage and ricotta cheese mixture.
- Then top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F for 45 minutes or until cheese brown slightly.
- Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 8 squares to serve.