Recipe by Michael Sommermeyer
Layers of ground beef, enchilada sauce, green chilies, cheese and tortillas topped with lots of melted cheese. Add pinto beans or diced tomatoes for texture. Saucy and good! Slightly spicy, but not too hot. An excellent family or church dish.
- 2 lbs hamburger meat, browned
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup pinto beans (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the hamburger and onion.
- Add green chilies, garlic, Velveeta Cheese, the soups, and enchilada sauce.
- Stir until it looks creamy.
- Tear the tortillas into strips.
- Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan with a single layer of tortillas. Spread a half-inch layer of sauce over the tortillas. Add another layer of tortillas. Cover again, and repeat until a layer of sauce covers the last layer of tortillas.
- Top the final layer with the shredded cheese.
- Cook at 400-degrees for 20 minutes.