Michael Sommermeyer's Note:
Layers of ground beef, enchilada sauce, green chilies, cheese and tortillas topped with lots of melted cheese. Add pinto beans or diced tomatoes for texture. Saucy and good! Slightly spicy, but not too hot. An excellent family or church dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs hamburger meat, browned
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup pinto beans (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomato (optional)
- 1Brown the hamburger and onion.
- 2Add green chilies, garlic, Velveeta Cheese, the soups, and enchilada sauce.
- 3Stir until it looks creamy.
- 4Tear the tortillas into strips.
- 5Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan with a single layer of tortillas. Spread a half-inch layer of sauce over the tortillas. Add another layer of tortillas. Cover again, and repeat until a layer of sauce covers the last layer of tortillas.
- 6Top the final layer with the shredded cheese.
- 7Cook at 400-degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Darla's Layered Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.1
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 161.4 mg
- Sodium 2263.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 44.8 g