Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
WARNING must LOVE chocolate....I wanted a brownie but did have any chocolate in the pantry,I remembered I had some Dark Cocoa powder and the magic happened. So moist and simple to make.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line an 8x8x2 inches glass baking dish with foil, pressing firmly into pan and leaving a 2 inches overhang. Coat foil with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small sauce-pan over medium heat. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl to combine.
- Pour butter in a steady stream into dry ingredients, whisking constantly to blend.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition. Add flour and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until top begins to crack and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; let cool completely in pan.
- Using foil overhang, lift brownie out of pan; transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into 16 squares.