This bread is perfect used for sandwiches! Lovely texture, inviting aroma!, and yummy flavour! The colour AND flavour can easily be adjusted to suit your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all of the above ingredients, accurately measured and in the order I have listed them, into the bread machine.
- 2Select the 'dough' cycle.
- 3When the cycle is complete, take the dough out of the bread machine, place it in a well greased bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1/2 an hour.
- 4Then knead the dough lightly (while still in the bowl), for about 1 minute.
- 5Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 6Either 'pat' the dough into a ball, flatten slightly and pinch all the edges underneath, and place in a round pan and dust with flour, OR 'pat' the dough into a 'log' shape and place in a loaf tin, for a rectangular or 'brick' shape.
- 7Leave the dough to rise again, this time for about 1 hour or until it has risen to about double it's original size.
- 8Bake at 200°C for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Rye Bread (Dough Made in the Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (868 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1896.9
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3535.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 355.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.7 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 48.3 g