Recipe by KristenErinM
this rises nicely- great flavor. don't leave out the caraway seeds!
Top Review by Sweet Carol Ann
this dark rye & whole wheat bread would be a great recipe, however, you can not use any sugar substitutes in any bread recipes, so I added regular sugar in place of the sugar sub.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups rye flour
- 8 teaspoons wheat gluten
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons natural applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- add yeast to 1 cup of warm water and dissolve.
- combine all remaining ingredients. add yeast mixture. knead for about 5 minutes.
- cover tightly and let rise on warm stovetop for about 45 minute until doubled.
- pour into two loaf pans sprayed with cooking spray. cover and let rise again for an additional 45 minutes.
- bake for 30 minutes at 350. yummy.