Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and Oh so GOOOOOOOD layered pie! Will fill that crave for rich chocolate.
- 9 inch pie crusts, baked and cooled
Peanut Butter Layer
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 78.07 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 354.88 ml milk
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml dark chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- Peanut butter layer:.
- Heat peanut butter in micro just to soften.
- Stir in powdered sugar till smooth. Pour and spread into prepared pie shell.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart pyrex measuring cup.
- Combine egg yolks and milk add to dry ingredients.
- Cook in micro, whisking occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Microwave for 1 minute more.
- Remove from micro, whisk pie mixture smooth.
- Whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips, stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour over peanut layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with your choice and do enjoy! :).
The instructions are great and it is easy to make. Peanut butter filling had just the right amount of sweetness. However the chocolate's flavor and texture could be improved - IMO the cornstarch gives the chocolate a texture that doesn't marry well with the rest of the pie.
I really loved this pie! I made it for Thanksgiving and I got so many compliments on it. Be warned: when you eat this pie, make sure you have a huge glass of milk with it!
We liked this pie. It was like eating a peanut butter cup. Pretty rich tasting even without the garnishes. Thanks Rita L. Bullwinkle.