Recipe by Aroostook
It doesn't get any easier than this! With a double snap of ginger, these dark, soft, chewy cookies keep well and freeze well. (You wouldn't guess that these are a drop cookie.) =)
Top Review by Neneldae
We found the batter to be wonderful! we agree that the flour took a while to mix in. The taste was very bland. If you enjoy cake-like cookies that are not very strong in flavor, this works.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat margarine, sugar, salt, molasses, ginger and eggs together in a large bowl for one minute.
- Sift flour and baking soda and add to molasses mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten using the flat bottom of a glass dipped in water.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the very soft cookies to a cooling rack using a spatula.