Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonderful served hot over ice cream (don't forget to sprinkle some salted peanuts on top!) or drizzled over pound cake and fruit. Then again, there is the option of just eating it straight off the spoon.
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate or 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan heat heavy cream and sugar over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves; add chocolate, butter and corn syrup and continue to cook, stirring, just until smooth; bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and boil 8 minutes; remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Can be kept for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator, just make sure it has cooled completely before covering as any condensation will make it grainy; reheat sauce, uncovered, over simmering water in a double-boiler.
- Serve sauce hot over ice cream.
Very good fudge sauce that was wonderful over vanilla ice cream. We used semisweet chocolate but next time I want to try it with the bittersweet chocolate just to compare. Thanks for sharing!