Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy salad for the hot days of summer. Pitting the cherries is time consuming but it is worth the effort. You can use whatever type of dark fruit suits your taste. The brown sugar gives the fruit a caramelly taste that is out of this world.
- 4 cups cherries (dark fruit) or 4 cups blackberries (dark fruit) or 4 cups raspberries (dark fruit) or 4 cups Red Delicious apples (dark fruit) or 4 cups plums (dark fruit) or 4 cups red grapes (dark fruit) or 4 cups blueberries (dark fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) container light vanilla yogurt
- Wash all fruit.
- Remove pits from cherries and halve.
- dice apples and plums(do not peel).
- remove grapes from stems.
- Place fruit in large bowl.
- sprinkle brown sugar over fruit and stir.
- pour yogurt over fruit and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cookinpossum's right--this is yummy, even in the middle of winter! Thanks for a versatile recipe...it's nice just knowing brown sugar and yogurt are such a good combination to mix together even for a quick dip.