Recipe by wild_flower98
I'm not really sure where I got this recipe from but it is awesome! I made them at Christmas and everyone loved them. Melt in your mouth! YUMMY! Enjoy!
Top Review by DebS #2
5 stars for flavor and 3 stars for difficulty to make- rounded out to 4 stars. These taste great but are really hard to work with compared to some other recipes I've used that have cream cheese in them. I did follow the advice of KLV and froze them and then tried to reshape them but still found them difficult to shape. Just because they aren't perfectly rounded isn't stopping me from enjoying them:)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl.
- In saucepan, heat cream with butter just until butter melts and bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Using melon baller or teaspoon, drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto 2 waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Gently roll each to round off completely.
- Freeze until hard, about 1 hour.
- (Can Make-ahead: Cover and freeze for up to 1 day.) Coating: In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt half of the chocolate, stirring.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Remove 1 pan of the truffles from freezer; using 2 forks, dip each into chocolate, tapping forks on edge of bowl to remove excess.
- Return to waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until coating is hardened, about 2 hours.
- *I can't really remember how many they make; but it also depends on how big you make the truffles.