1/2 Photos of Dark Chocolate Truffle Tarts
1 hr 20 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
These rich, little treats are wonderful, double the recipe, you will be wishing that you had. These are best eaten warm.
My Private Note
mini ta ...
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 36.97 ml white sugar
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 78.07 ml unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml brazil nut, finely chopped
- 158.51 ml whipping cream
- 1 jumbo egg
- 113.39 g bittersweet chocolate, good quality, chopped
- 14.79 ml orange liqueur, grand marnia cream
- 1To make the tart shells, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa, mix well.
- 2Next add the butter cubes and mix until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 3Add the cream slowly and work until dough forms.
- 4Press dough into tart shells or mini muffin pans and prick the dough with a toothpick.
- 5Let rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the tart shells for 12 - 15 minutes.
- 7Let the shells cool a little in pans, once they are firm enough to handle take the shells out of the pans and finishing cooling on racks.
- 8In a small sauce pan, slightly heat the cream over medium heat.
- 9In a small bowl whisk the egg, then slowly add half the warm cream to the egg mixture, next you will add the warm egg cream mixture to the rest of the warm cream.
- 10Cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring constanly, until thickened , do not allow to boil.
- 11Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the bittersweet chocolate and the orange liquer, to the mixture, stirring until smooth.
- 12Place half of the finely chopped brazil nuts into the tarts shells.
- 13Pour the chocolate filling in the shells over the nuts .
- 14Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- 15Finally sprinkle the remaining brazil nuts on the warm tarts and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Truffle Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.2
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.7 mg
- Sodium 31.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: