Recipe by Baby Kato
These rich, little treats are wonderful, double the recipe, you will be wishing that you had. These are best eaten warm.
Top Review by djmastermum
I did cheat a wee bit by using a packet chocolate cake mix to make the base by adding melted butter that. The finished tart ..... A rich ... Really rich, and creamy tart. You will want a coffee with this :-) Recipeapped for the Zaar recipe swap #17, June 2008
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup brazil nut, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 jumbo egg
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, good quality, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, grand marnia cream
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the tart shells, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa, mix well.
- Next add the butter cubes and mix until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the cream slowly and work until dough forms.
- Press dough into tart shells or mini muffin pans and prick the dough with a toothpick.
- Let rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the tart shells for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Let the shells cool a little in pans, once they are firm enough to handle take the shells out of the pans and finishing cooling on racks.
- In a small sauce pan, slightly heat the cream over medium heat.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg, then slowly add half the warm cream to the egg mixture, next you will add the warm egg cream mixture to the rest of the warm cream.
- Cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring constanly, until thickened , do not allow to boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the bittersweet chocolate and the orange liquer, to the mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Place half of the finely chopped brazil nuts into the tarts shells.
- Pour the chocolate filling in the shells over the nuts .
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle the remaining brazil nuts on the warm tarts and enjoy.