Recipe by stovetop stephanie
Deep, dark chocolate is the perfect finish to any meal. Here, the sumptuousness of a chocolate treat is tempered by the refreshing texture of a light sorbet
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 5 ounces finely chopped dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk, sugar, and cocoa to a gentle simmer. Whisking the mixture occasionally, allow it to simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Set aside the chocolate milk.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and then whisk in the chocolate milk.
- Chill the chocolate mixture for at least 1 hour, and then freeze it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.