Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the December 2002 edition of Gourmet, it is recommended to be partnered with a vintage Port.
Make and share this Dark Chocolate Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Blend butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl with a fork until well combined.
- Sift flour and cocoa into butter mixture and blend with fork just until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half and pat out with floured fingertips into 2 rounds (approximately 6 inch) on an ungreased large baking sheet.
- Chill dough, uncovered until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit while dough chills.
- Prick dough all over with fork and bake shortbreads in middle of oven until centers are dry to the touch and edges are slightly darker, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet on a rack 10 minutes, then cut each shortbread into 8 wedges with a large heavy knife.
- Transfer to rack to cool.
- **Shortbread keeps in an airtight container at room temp for 1 week when layered between sheets of waxed paper.
Enjoyed making & eating these little goodies! Wish I could tell you that they, in fact, are still good after a week in a storage container, but the fact is, all I really know is that the last one was still very good after just 10 hours on a plate, in the open! Definitely a keeper, that I'll be making during the winter holidays & as gifts! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]