Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This sauce will keep refrigerated for about 8 days, it is best served warm so just heat slightly in the microwave before serving.
Top Review by un petit chou
I have made this recipe a few times and it is wonderful. This is a very forgiving recipe as I have even cut the amount of butter in half before and it is still delicious. So easy to make and SOOO much better than store bought. Thank you!!!
- 4 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 2⁄3 cup brewed black coffee
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sifted Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan heat coffee or water with brown sugar over medium heat, whisking until the sugar dissolves.
- Add in Dutch cocoa powder with salt, whisking until smooth.
- Add in butter and vanilla, whisking until the butter has melted.
- Serve warm or room temperature.