Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Let your imagination run wild when you make this sauce! Use over ice cream, cake, cheesecake, pudding, etc. Your imagination is your only limit :) This recipe came from The Inn at Little Washington.
- 8 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Add coffee, Grand Marnier, and cream.
- Heat, whisking occasionally, until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Hold the sauce over warm water until you are ready to serve.
- Or, refrigerate and gently rewarm it before serving.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
This is a lovely, rich dark chocolate sauce. The combination of chocolate, coffee and orange is perfect and is great on anything you desire. Used it over a brownie sunday and to flavor milk - try that, it's delicious for grown-up milk and cookies!