Recipe by Chef mariajane
Moist, Dense and chocolaty to the extreme! Indulge in a piece ot this decadent cake for dessert with fresh fruit or as a snack with a café latté...
Top Review by P Baker
This turned out great for me in spite of the fact that I over baked it. I started checking it at 50 minutes and it seemed the toothpick was coming out wet. What I did not realize is that it was hitting chocolate chips. :-( Next time I will be more careful. I suspect 60 minutes would have sufficed. Even with drying it out by over baking, it was still really good and got loads of great comments. Thanks!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (not fat-free)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan or two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- In a bowl, gradually whisk milk into cocoa powder to make a smooth paste; whisk in yogurt and set aside. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an elecric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture, alternately with milk mixture, making 3 additions of flour and 2 additions of milk. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Let cool in pan on a rack for 15 mintues. Invert onto rack, remove pan and let cool completely. Serve dusted with icing sugar.