1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
For a decadent twist on an old favorite, use pecans and Hershey's special dark chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 1/3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas (1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar, coarsely chopped
- 1Banana Bread:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F Grease an 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, blend together the first four ingredients.
- 4In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and honey on high. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until light yellow.
- 5Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in thirds. Blend until the texture becomes grainy.
- 6Slowly add in the eggs and beat to combine.
- 7Fold in the bananas, pecans, and chocolate and mix with a spoon.
- 8Once thoroughly combined, pour into the loaf pan. Spread the batter evenly.
- 10In a small bowl, add all ingredients except for the dried banana chips. Blend with the back of a fork until coarse crumbs form.
- 11Sprinkle the streusel topping on top of the banana bread, then sprinkle the streusel with the banana chips.
- 12Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 13Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from the pan to further cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 226.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: