1/4 Photos of Dark Chocolate, Pear, Pistachio Cake
This was proclaimed the best cake ever by my family at our Thanksgiving meal. It's from Technicolor Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pear, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 9in springform cake pan, then line the bottom with baking paper and butter the paper.
- 3Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Process the chocolate and pistachios in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
- 5Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, beating until well combined, then beat in the vanilla.
- 6Stir the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture, then add the pistachio and chocolate mixture and the pear.
- 7Pour into the springform pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. Place the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes then carefully remove the mold.
- 8CHOCOLATE GANACHE.
- 9Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat to just BELOW boiling. Watch carefully to avoid scalding.
- 10Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
- 11Remove from heat and set aside until slightly thickened (5-10 minutes).
- 12Pour ganache over the cake, scatter with pistachios, and place in the refrigerator to set (20-30 minutes).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate, Pear, Pistachio Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 85.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g