Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
adapted from Donna Hay Magazine (issue 8)
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (no gelatin)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line muffin tin with paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, orange zest, and chocolate in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In another smaller bowl, combine the yogurt, butter, eggs and orange juice until well blended.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter carefully into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tops are golden and cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. They are ready to serve straight away.
I used 1 cup AP flour + 3/4 wheat flour, 1/2 cup agave nectar for the sugar and 72% dark chocolate and these turned out great! Thanks for sharing!
I love the flavor of these! The orange flavor tastes so fresh. I used dark chocolate chips. Yummy and very easy. Thanks!