Recipe by Chef mariajane
Whip up these tasty little muffins with ingredients you likely have on hand. The combination of chocolate and orange in a not-too-sweet muffin is sure to be a hit with the entire family.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Butter nonstick miniature muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together sugar, and cocoa; gradually whisk in milk until blended. Whisk in egg, orange zest, orange juice and butter. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with chocolate chips; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared mffin tin , filling 24 deep cups or 36 shallow cups.
- Bake, in batches as necessary, for about 15 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.