Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is from the December 2008 issue of Cooking Light, and I have been hanging on to it on a little scrap of paper since then! It sounds delicious, and I hope to get to try it soon. I think myrecipes.com has a recipe for the mulling spices, but I imagine a small sachet of any commercial mulling spices or recipe from here would work! I think it would be divine over vanilla ice cream or even a rich chocolate cake.
- 1 cup dry red wine (they suggest cabernet sauvignon)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- mulling spices (in a sachet)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (Dutch process)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first three ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Discard spices.
- Add cocoa and corn syrup, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Simmer 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Cool to room temperature.