Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Don't worry, dark chocolate is good for you ;P
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark semisweet chocolate chunks or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt together the butter and chopped dark chocolate. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring frequently until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Whisk until almost smooth. Stir in melted chocolate mixture, making sure the batter is smooth and the chocolate is evenly incorporated, followed by chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack before serving. May be served at room temperature or slightly warmed. Store in an airtight container if not eating right away.