Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from an ad in Gourmet for Green and Black's Chocolate. It is for chocolate lovers worldwide.
- 3 dark chocolate candy bars (70%)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8 inch round pan with oil.
- Melt the chocolate with sugar and margarine or butter in a metal bowl set over simmering water, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs with the gound almonds and salt, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until tooth pick comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- Dust with sugar or serve with whip cream.