This treat is decadently rich, but also cool and refreshing. It is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free---great for people with allergies! I recommend making it a day ahead to allow enough chilling time. "Cooking time" is chilling time. Recipe from local cooking show, "Jayni's Kitchen."
- Boil the water in a large pot. Steep the tea bags for 5 minutes. Remove them.
- Stir in the sugar, cocoa, and salt. Simmer the mixture over medium heat about two minutes or until all ingredients are dissolved. Add the peppermint extract.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Pour mixture into airtight container and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- If sorbet is still too liquidy, freeze in an airtight container for a few hours.
- If sorbet becomes too hard in the freezer, crush it up and stir it with a fork.