1/3 Photos of Dark Chocolate-Mint Sorbet
24 hrs 10 mins
This treat is decadently rich, but also cool and refreshing. It is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free---great for people with allergies! I recommend making it a day ahead to allow enough chilling time. "Cooking time" is chilling time. Recipe from local cooking show, "Jayni's Kitchen."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the water in a large pot. Steep the tea bags for 5 minutes. Remove them.
- 2Stir in the sugar, cocoa, and salt. Simmer the mixture over medium heat about two minutes or until all ingredients are dissolved. Add the peppermint extract.
- 3Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Pour mixture into airtight container and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- 4Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- 5If sorbet is still too liquidy, freeze in an airtight container for a few hours.
- 6If sorbet becomes too hard in the freezer, crush it up and stir it with a fork.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate-Mint Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peppermint tea bags