Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This does not include time to chill mixture or freezing, according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring 2 cups of milk to a simmer.
- Add mint and simmer a few minutes.
- Then, turn off heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk remaining cup milk with sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch.
- Strain mint out of the warm milk and bring back to a simmer.
- Add the cocoa mixture slowly, whisking to incorporate.
- Cook until edges bubble and then a minute longer until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Strain through a fine wire mesh strainer.
- Cover with plastic and let sit cool in the fridge overnight or put over a bowl of ice to cool.
- Once cooled, freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
It takes a bit of time to do it but it's worth it. It's a great gelato. The texture is perfect. The taste is so good. The mint has a strong taste with the chocolate. It's really yummy. Even my son likes this geleto. Thanks Charlotte :) Made for PRMR tag game