1/1 Photo of Dark Chocolate Mint Gelato
Charlotte J's Note:
This does not include time to chill mixture or freezing, according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 2 cups of milk to a simmer.
- 2Add mint and simmer a few minutes.
- 3Then, turn off heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- 4In another bowl, whisk remaining cup milk with sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch.
- 5Strain mint out of the warm milk and bring back to a simmer.
- 6Add the cocoa mixture slowly, whisking to incorporate.
- 7Cook until edges bubble and then a minute longer until mixture is slightly thickened.
- 8Strain through a fine wire mesh strainer.
- 9Cover with plastic and let sit cool in the fridge overnight or put over a bowl of ice to cool.
- 10Once cooled, freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Mint Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g