Prep 1 hr
Cook 27 mins
This recipe is from Land O Lakes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 32 dark chocolate kiss-shaped candies, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter and bittersweet chocolate in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth (1-2 minutes).
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and egg to melted chocolate mixture; beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Continue beating until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Press 1 chocolate candy into each ball; form dough around candy to completely cover.
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in small bowl; roll balls in sugar.
- Place 1 inch apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Serve warm.
- Make-ahead tip: Shape cookies; roll in sugar.
- Place in container with tight-fitting lid.
- Store at room temperature up to 2 hours or refrigerate unitl baking.
- Reheating tip: Place 2 cookies onto microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high until centers are melted (15-30 seconds). Do not overheat.