Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from a recipe in Southern Living magazine, I used my favorite chocolate-dark!
Top Review by ChefDLH
I LOVED THIS LATTE! This is one is among my favorites here on the Zaar/Food site. Wish I could give this more than 5 stars. It is that good. I wanted to make my mom a drink that tastes like her favorite candy Hershey's Dark Chocolate Nuggets so I subbed in those chocolates cut up into chip size pieces. I also only had whipping cream so I used that for the half and half. She loved it. It is such a decadent treat and there was no need for added sugar or whipped cream. This was great as written. Thanks so much for posting Sharon123
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (I use decaf)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir milk, half and half, dark chocolate chips and instant coffee granules together in a small saucepan over low heat until dark chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts; pour evenly into 4 mugs. Sweeten to taste.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Garnish, if desired, with a cinnamon stick, and serve immediately.