Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from a recipe in Southern Living magazine, I used my favorite chocolate-dark!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (I use decaf)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- cinnamon stick
- Stir milk, half and half, dark chocolate chips and instant coffee granules together in a small saucepan over low heat until dark chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts; pour evenly into 4 mugs. Sweeten to taste.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Garnish, if desired, with a cinnamon stick, and serve immediately.
I LOVED THIS LATTE! This is one is among my favorites here on the Zaar/Food site. Wish I could give this more than 5 stars. It is that good. I wanted to make my mom a drink that tastes like her favorite candy Hershey's Dark Chocolate Nuggets so I subbed in those chocolates cut up into chip size pieces. I also only had whipping cream so I used that for the half and half. She loved it. It is such a decadent treat and there was no need for added sugar or whipped cream. This was great as written. Thanks so much for posting Sharon123
Incredibly delicious and so easy to make. This latte will definitely be on my Christmas morning menu and any time I want to wow guests with this wonderful drink. I did not add any sugar as I thought it was perfect just as is and I left off the whipped cream this time. I'll bet the whipped cream would look great with a sprinkling of cinnamon on top. Thanks for the post. Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag.
I loved this chocolate latte. It was so good and I forgot to add the vanilla and almond extract. DH tasted it and he also loved it and usually he's so fussy when it comes to homemade mocha or hot chocolate. Thanks Sharon :) Made for I Recommend tag game