Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am a huge fan of dark chocolate. There are so many choices these days when going to select chocolate. I use the chocolate with the highest percentage of cacao I can find. We also like to add a 1/2 cup of walnuts to the batter. Drizzle some melted chocolate on top of the brownies for a special presentation. Choose what you like the best!
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, broken up and divided, 6 oz and 4oz
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Heat 6 oz of chocolate, butter, sugar, and water over low heat until melted and combined. Stir constantly. I do this with a small glass bowl placed over a small sauce pan which contains water to steam the bowl from underneath. Some like to do this step in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds if you choose the microwave method and watch carefully toward the end so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Pour this mixture into a larger bowl and cool slightly. You don't want scrambled eggs in your brownies!
- When chocolate mixture has cooled enough add in the eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Add remaining 4 oz of chocolate and nuts if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and cook for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool before cutting.
These were amazing, so rich and chocolatey. I also am a fan of dark chocolate! I used 60-70% bars in here, but I think I will up the ante next time and go even darker....I can't wait!!!!