Recipe by Dee514
A dark creamy chocolate ice cream. Prep time does not include chilling/freezing time.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Yummy, we all loved it at home! I'm going to share it with my friends' tomorrow. I know they'll love it as much as we did. I used 4 oz. of dark chocolate as I couldn't get my hands on unsweetened chocolate at the store. I love unsweetened chocolate too, so, I'm sure this will be as yummy and maybe even more yummy with unsweetened chocolate than it is with the dark one. Thanks, again, well enjoyed by all.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs (Can substitute equal amount of Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.
- Gradually whisk in milk, stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually whisk in sugar, then continue whisking 1 minute, until completely blended.
- Add the cream, vanilla, and salt; whisk.
- Add the chocolate mixture; blend well.
- Cover, chill, and freeze according to ice cream maker's directions.