A dark creamy chocolate ice cream. Prep time does not include chilling/freezing time.
Make and share this Dark Chocolate Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.
- Gradually whisk in milk, stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually whisk in sugar, then continue whisking 1 minute, until completely blended.
- Add the cream, vanilla, and salt; whisk.
- Add the chocolate mixture; blend well.
- Cover, chill, and freeze according to ice cream maker's directions.