Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Silky chocolate fondue is a great way to finish off a brunch. Use an assortment of fruit as dippers, or even the cinnamon biscotti I have posted. If you like, Toblerone chocolate works well in the dish, because it's honey-nouget blend echoes the honey and almond flavors that are also in the recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 (3 5/8 ounce) Toblerone chocolate bars or 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- fresh fruit (such as whole strawberries, 1 inch thick sliced peeled banana, peeled pear wedges, sliced star fruit)
- Bring cream and honey to simmer in heavy medium saucepan.
- Add chocolate; whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in kirsch and extract.
- Pour fondue into bowl; place on platter and surround with assorted fruits.
- Serve fondue with skewers.
This was very yummy - definitely worth five stars in my books. I made it for New Year's Eve and everyone loved it. I didn't add the Kirsch as there was one person in the group who doesn't drink. I was worried it might be too sweet with the honey, but it wasn't at all. Perfect.
Decadent fondue!! Thank you for posting this!